June 16, 2014

VERTICAL RECYCLED BOTTLE GARDEN

 Ricky is super crazy dog and his favorite hobby is to eat and play with the plants of my parent's backyard. Mom always has parsley, cilantro, basil and mint, these herbal plants give delicious flavor to food and we often use them in portuguese cuisine.


When I found this website I immediatly thought about Ricky and the plants, what a brilliant idea to make, he will never reach the plants! Vertical Gardens are great choices for whoever have naughty pets or live in an appartment with terrace or any small corner outdoors. There's always an empty wall ;)
This is an easy and cheap project, I spent around 3€ but I already had few items at my parent's. 
You will need: Soil, Plastic bottles with lids, plant seeds, wire, pliers and washers. The quantities depend on how many plants you want to plant.

You can follow the intructions of the black and white draw, it's pretty simple to understand. Translation: wire + washer + about-face and it's done! 
This is the result, not perfect at all! For now it's ok and you can get the idea. I'm planning on an "upgrade" of this vertical garden. 

Did you ever try something like this? Do you have any other ideas for gardening using recycled items? 

2 comments:

What's in your mind? Express yourself :)