May 10, 2014

VINTAGE COOKBOOK: O MEU LIVRO DE COZINHA


 During the interview at A Venda I found this treasure! A portuguese cookbook from the 70's that I just couldn't resist to open and find out what was inside. First, the pages smell of old times and then the graphics, colors, designs and photography of another era.
There are many good designers out there now a days but these kind of books are special because you cannot find them in bbok stores anymore. You'll find them at your grandparent's or any second hand store, someone is selling it for one dollar because they have no idea the real value of these old items. Actually I think they are priceless. I'm completly crazy about vintage books, especially related with food. It's funny to see the recipes of old times and you always find kitschy vintage items on the pictures.  








Do you have any cookbooks at home? Do you take photos of your favorites? I also love this book, I posted about it before. 

Linking up with Coastal Charm * Sir Thrift a Lot *


5 comments:

  1. Oh la la, absolutely adorable, me likes nothing toooooo modern etc but vintage, how cute :}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I didn't even read the recipes, I was complety focus on the images!

      Delete
  2. That is a really cute book!!! Great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those end papers! beautiful book find.

    ReplyDelete

What's in your mind? Express yourself :)